The Mercedes-Benz F015 Luxury in Motion is not just another Concept Car … it’s a forerunner of a mobility revolution.
The F015 made its debut more than 2 years ago at the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Not only is it overloaded with autonomous technology, but its makers claim it can run for almost 900 kilometres on a mixture of pure electric power and a hydrogen fuel cell.
But what makes this car so special? Not only can it drive itself … but also Mercedes have concentrated on what the passengers can actually do while the car is driving us around.
- The steering wheel slides into the dashboard to create more of a “lounge” space.
- The seating configuration allows four people to face each other if they want to talk.
- There is a collection of screens — one on the rear wall, and one on each of the door which offer plenty of opportunity to interact with various media.
- The powered doors slowly open to reveal a huge aperture through which you enter the car.
- The futuristic seats are padded Mercedes armchairs.
- When the vehicle is at rest, the only noise it produces is that of computer fans under the hood.
- There are a total of 14 processing devices on board, but only four are involved in making the car autonomous.
We await to see what new surprises are in store for us by Mercedes’ gifted engineers and designers.